Hours of Work
8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
· To deliver customer satisfaction at all times in the service and repair of motor vehicles of all types.
· To carry out servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner.
· To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to test vehicles and diagnose faults.
· To maintain the integrity of all product information.
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS
· To road test vehicles and diagnose problems as and when required by the Service Receptionist.
· To carry out routine servicing, warranty repairs, diagnosis of vehicle problems and general maintenance of vehicles as required.
· To maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of franchise vehicles.
· To take an active part in upholding the company Health and Safety policy.
· To be conversant with all Manufacturer technical literature and information bulletins.
· To keep work area and protective clothing clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold the Manufacturers and company image.
· To ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer and that faults have been reported and noted on the job card.
· To talk directly to customers when required.
· To undertake Manufacturer’s training courses as advised by the Service Manager. To notify Aftersales Manager of damage or breakdown of workshop equipment or tooling.
· To identify additional work opportunities and report to Aftersales Manager accordingly.
OBJECTIVES AND KEY TASKS
· To attain manufacturers' servicing and repair times.
· To note and report all components, materials and consumables used.
· Development of personal knowledge and experience in order to improve, profitability, customer satisfaction and efficiency.
· To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined and to report all servicing requirements and associated work noticed whilst working on the vehicle to the Service Manager.
· To ensure all chargeable labour, components and workshop consumables are recorded on the job card, and where possible work within Manufacturer’s recommended repair times.
Customer service and satisfaction:
· To protect customers' vehicles with floor mats, seat and steering wheel covers.
· To safeguard the customers' vehicle and contents during service and repair.
· To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined and report verbally and in writing the general condition of vehicles with emphasis on customer safety.
· To ensure vehicles are road tested in a safe and professional manner with due regard to speed limits, road law, other road users and pedestrians.
· To ensure optimum use of technical knowledge and skills to achieve effective, economic and safe service/repair of customers' vehicles.
· To ensure that all hours and material usage are accurately recorded on the job card.
· Ensure exchange parts are returned promptly to the parts department for crediting.
· To ensure warranty removed parts are correctly labelled and passed to the warranty clerk enabling prompt processing of the warranty claim.
· To ensure materials, tools and workshop consumables are controlled and used effectively and efficiently to ensure minimum wastage.
· To take care not to cause accidental damage to vehicle and components during service or repair.
· To minimise wastage of all materials, oils and fluids.
· To care for all plant and tools belonging to dealership and not to misuse same.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,950.00 OTE