Simpsons SKODA is one of the most successful independently owned businesses in the region. As we continue to grow we need to invest in the future and that means investing in our people.
Due to our continued growth Simpsons SKODA are recruiting at our Preston branch for the following Vacancy:
If you feel that you are the best in the business, can contribute to our success and are looking for a new opportunity and fresh challenge in 2021 and beyond, then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your CV including a covering letter telling us how you could make a real difference to our business.
Primary Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Business the primary purpose of the role will be to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Rent-A-Car department. You will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the department through the development of sales to both retail and local corporate customers, whilst ensuring you deliver excellent customer service.To promote the Rent-A-Car brand & Simpsons SKODA locally, by implementing a local sales & marketing strategy and to support the national corporate and retail business supplied from VWFS UK.Responsible for the department budget and P&L management.
- Dealing with the general public and corporate clients on the phone and in person
- Processing payments and ID checks correctly, including pre-authorisation/card details/ credit checks etc
- Staff rota management
- Monitor daily desktop reports, vehicle availability, utilisation, vehicles overdue, expiring insurance policies of corporate customers, expiring credit card authorisations, excess mileage etc
- Resolving problems and delivering outstanding customer service
- To increase the number of local corporate accounts within the designated area
- Identify new potential sales areas
- Production of business plans and strategies and any other planning associated with the development of the Rental Department
- Vehicle status management/weekly audit of vehicles
- Staff supervision and recruitment
- Supervision of banking
- Accurate record keeping especially insurance records
- Administration of maintenance on all vehicles
- Recharging damaged vehicles to customers
- Action local marketing/advertising strategy
- Fuel account management
- Mileage excess supervision
- Ensure that a thorough internal and external inspection is carried out on all vehicles including checking tyre pressure, oil level and general presentation prior to rent.
- Month end close down procedures/batch invoicing/liaison with the Finance Department
- Credit control corporate account customers
- Liaise with VWFS Partner Rental Manager
- Timely reporting of damage/accident notifications to VWFS and action repairs in conjunction with relevant insurer
- Ensure strict adherence to all the terms, conditions and standards of the VWFS Rent-A-Car programme
- Any other tasks required, as commensurate with the role
- To maintain personal awareness of the company quality policies and procedures and at all times comply with the general and company procedures described within the relevant operational manuals
Education, Training and Experience
- Previous experience in a rental role is essential
- Experience of working to service levels and quality measures
- Experience of rental operating systems, desirable
- BVRLA City & Guilds Rental Operator Skills Certificate, desirable
- Must hold a full clean UK driving licence
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, internal departments and stakeholders
- Ability to acquire and put into practice new knowledge and skills, developed through on the job training
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Have a strong customer service ethic with great people skills
- Be able to manage a team and mentor staff to achieve results
- Must be able to prioritise and manage your work load independently
- Be positive and have a sales focused attitude
- Be reliable and flexible
Head of Business, Senior Management Team, Business Manager, Departmental Managers.
Company Sub Contractors and Sub Suppliers.
Directly responsible to: Head of Business
Directly responsible for: All aspects of VWFS Rentacar Operation