Simpsons SKODA is one of the most successful independently owned businesses in the region. As we continue to grow we need to invest in the future and that means investing in our people.
Due to our continued growth Simpsons Skoda are recruiting for our Preston locations:
Workshop Controller - Prep Centre
If you feel that you have the potential to be the best in the business, can contribute to our success and are looking for a new opportunity and fresh challenge in 2023 and beyond then we would like to hear from you.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To supervise the daily work activity of the technicians and painters to ensure all work is carried out to Company standards and required deadlines.
- To identify training and development needs of all team members, and deliver suitable coaching to maximize the understanding and delivery of a first-class customer experience.
- To ensure workshop productivity, efficiency and utilization is maximized by the correct and timely allocation of work
- To ensure that a robust quality management system exists within the workshop, and that this is used to improve quality of work, and thereby reduce return visits to the workshop.
- To ensure 5-day preparation process is adhered to.
- To maintain and keep the diary updated throughout the day.
- To allocate work to the technicians and painters in the most appropriate manner, taking into account priorities and the skills of the individual technicians and painters as well as adhering to the 5-day prep process.
- To ensure job cards are completed correctly for all work carried out. Responsible for all invoicing to be completed on a daily basis.
- To keep up-to-date on technical information / fault finding, including attending courses and liaising with suppliers.
- To supervise the activities of the technicians and painters, carrying out day to day discipline as required and maintaining high standards of work quality and output. This includes ensuring that all technicians and painters consistently use both external and internal vehicle protection in accordance with Brand standards, and that they fully understand and embrace the concept of excellent customer service.
- To actively coach technicians and painters in order to fully utilise their expertise and knowledge to reduce first time fix, and improve workshop skill level.
- To ensure technicians and painters receive training either on the job or at the manufacturer’s premises as required, meeting the needs of the business.
- To carry out other duties that may be required.
- To maintain close liaison with logistics, marketing, sales and service at the dealers.
- To price up and gain authority for additional work identified during repairs by technicians and painters as per the manufacturer’s requirements.
- To be responsible for the standards of appearance, safety and discipline, and work within the workshop and to ensure the workshop is kept clean and tidy and is a safe working environment.
- To be responsible for the Quality Check programme as detailed in the SKODA Aftersales Checklist, and to use this system to both identify and drive improvements in repair quality.
- To maintain the diary and keep it up to date throughout the working day.
- To be responsible for recording all incidents of repeat repair, and getting to the route cause to prevent it happening again.
- To ensure that all vehicles receive a Vehicle Health Check, and that this information is correctly recorded on the VHC system by technicians and painters.
OBJECTIVES AND KEY TASKS
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment; ensuring adhere with Health and Safety requirements.
- To ensure all company and customer data is dealt with in line with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
- To ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- To follow all Simpsons (Preston) Ltd policies and procedures as per the employee handbook.
- To champion the Culture and Values of Simpsons Skoda at all times.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position.
- Attend whenever required.